Post Reply  Post Thread 

15 Speed Mack Quad Box
LANKILLA
Other Side User

Group: Registered
15 Speed Mack Quad Box

Check out this vid on YouTube of a guy in a Mack with 2 shifters, Must admire the skills and patience required to do this

Im sure NZTools could relate to it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KhPcDMGRxw

"Can you move the Legacy?, I need to get the Leone out, so I can get to the WRX"
-
(__/)
(>'.'< )This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

This post was last modified: 12-11-2007 07:37 PM by LANKILLA.

12-11-2007 07:27 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Motu

RE: 15 Speed Mack Quad Box

You can do it with a Mitsubishi Mirage too y'know.

When I was a kid I used to go out with the drivers in the Bonneys trucks.They had an International with a white steering wheel and twin sticks with white knobs.Coming up the Bombay deviation which was really steep in those days,the driver used to really work those sticks.He would work both sticks at once,leaning right across the seat,under the dash with his arm hooked through the steering wheel....jeez I was bloody impressed.

When I was all growded up at 21,I used to love driving the Leyland Hippo with the 680 and a 6 speed 2 speed.....could never do it well,but heaps more rewarding than doing 12 speeds with a Roadranger.

Fill 'er up and a shot of RedX
12-11-2007 07:52 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
LANKILLA
Other Side User

I know the Mirages could do it, gave them 8 speeds in total (+2 reverse, i think).

I used to watch dad shifting with the 18 Speed Eaton Fuller, and also the Eaton twin split 15 Speed (basically same pattern as that video, but with a single stick and air assisted), thier the only ones i remember him driving, seeing as im only 19 and he hasnt driven trucks full time for the last 7 years, but did for about 30 before that.

Ive driven a 10 speed truck, but thats as far as ive gone, was on my class 1 learners at the time too.

"Can you move the Legacy?, I need to get the Leone out, so I can get to the WRX"
-
(__/)
(>'.'< )This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
12-11-2007 08:06 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Motu

The Mirage has high 3rd and low 4th as the same ratio...so kinda spoils the fun.I used to drive a D1000 Ford with a 504 Cummins,Commer 5 speed and Eaton 2 speed diff that was the same - bloody annoying to change down into the same gear struggling up a hill!

12-11-2007 08:36 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
frd1
I want 6 stars!

RE:  15 Speed Mack Quad Box

Motu Wrote:

The Mirage has high 3rd and low 4th as the same ratio...so kinda spoils the fun.I used to drive a D1000 Ford with a 504 Cummins,Commer 5 speed and Eaton 2 speed diff that was the same - bloody annoying to change down into the same gear struggling up a hill!

Love the sound of those 504 Cummins working hard Motu! Where I worked as a boy we serviced the Coke fleet and they had a few as did Foodstuffs.

13-11-2007 03:47 AM
NZTools
Drunk, Confused, 6' tall and bulletproof

RE:   15 Speed Mack Quad Box

frd1 Wrote:

Love the sound of those 504 Cummins working hard Motu! Where I worked as a boy we serviced the Coke fleet and they had a few as did Foodstuffs.

The big 903's sounded sooooooooooo much better though. You could damn near count the compression strokes as they slogged it up a hill.

If it can't be fixed with some #8 wire, a sledgehammer and few bottles of speights, it cant be fixed.
13-11-2007 06:40 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Motu

RE:   15 Speed Mack Quad Box

frd1 Wrote:

Where I worked as a boy we serviced the Coke fleet and they had a few as did Foodstuffs.

Oasis? When they went owner driver we some of the trucks where I served my time in Carbine Rd.One was an L & P D1000 with the 504 Cummins and a stupid Eaton 12 speed....everytime I took it for a CoF something completely different failed on the trip.

13-11-2007 04:16 PM
V8Torana
I can't drive 55

Are those 8 speed Mirages F or RWD?

13-11-2007 07:23 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: